Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

I've finally managed to get my hands on the most raved about contour kit in the beauty world!
Here's what I think of it, and I hope this helps you decide whether or not to get one, as many people have requested I do a review on it.

Okay, so first of all, the palette comes in 3 shades, light, medium, and dark.
Personally, I chose the light palette because the medium would have made me look too tanned, and unnatural.



The good parts:
  • It's super pigmented, so a little goes a long way
  • The creamy texture feels nice on the skin, and you can build up coverage depending on what look you're going for
  • It's super easy to blend, either with a brush or sponge
  • As there's six colours, you can mix and use the different shades depending on your own skin colour 
  • For example, I would use more of the colour 'cinnamon' on the hollows of my cheeks to create the illusion of deeper cheekbones
  • The palette itself is simple yet elegant 
The bad parts:
  • The palette itself is pretty big, so wouldn't be great if you needed to take it travelling
  • the colour 'nude' is a little bit too fake tan for my liking, but that's just my opinion, it can be blended to give a more subtle look
Just remember when using this, try to start from light to dark when contouring if you're using one brush, because you don't want the brush to start mixing the colours with each other.
I'm usually pretty lazy and when it comes to make up, I don't have much time to do it when I'm in a rush, so it's not an everyday beauty item like BB creams where you can just put it on. To contour, you need patience and time, and if you're like me, I'd rather have a little lie in than spend that extra time doing my make up if it's for no special occasion. 

I do however, recommend this, for nights out, or when you feel like doing your make up properly, it really does help define your cheekbones, and the light colours are perfect for highlighting. I usually put more than one layer of the cream on, simply because when I blend it, you can't tell the contour that much unless you have enough product. Then again, I do prefer a natural look.

So let me know what you think, and whether you like it as much as I do! 
Here's just a few pictures I took of the types of colours it looks like on my skin.










How to use: (source: cultbeauty)
1. Drag a line of contour 2-3 shades darker than your skin tone at an angle from top of the ear to corner of the mouth (going lighter as it reaches the mouth area so the contour line can disappear before hitting the laugh line). This step chisels the hollows of the cheeks. 

2. Contour the temples and top of the forehead (along hairline) to minimise a large forehead and create a '3D' effect. 

3. Apply the same powder along the jawline under the ear and connecting the the chin, to chisel the jawbone. 

4. Blend the jaw contour down to the neck to avoid a harsh line. 

5. Starting at the inner corner of the eyebrow, use a narrow brush and drag a contour line down the bridge of the nose. Do the same on the other side of the nose so you have two parallel lines running down the bridge of the nose. 

6. Apply contour on the bottom of the nose to connect the two parallel lines and to make the nose appear shorter if you have a long nose. 

7. Highlight the cupid's bow above centre of lip to create a pout, and highlight centre area of chin to balance the face. 

8. Highlight under eyes, across top of cheekbones, and down toward apple of cheeks to brighten under eyes and make the cheekbones appear raised. 

9. Highlight the laugh line area (from beside the nostril down to corner of the mouth) to make them appear less deep of shadowy. 

10. Use what's left on the brush to clean up under the cheek contour and sharpen. 
11. Highlight between brows to centre of forehead, and fan toward the arch of the brows to make the brows appear bolder and clean. 

12. Use a shimmery highlight to dust lightly all over the previously highlighted areas for a pop of shine. 

13. Remember, do not add shimmer to laugh lines, wrinkles, or areas within extremely visible pores of bumps.


(source: teen.com)

Comments

  1. Great review hun! Im defo gonna try this now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the Anastasia beverly hills powder contour kit too? If so could you do a powder vs cream contour kit post please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun, I don't have the powder kit, but I've heard reviews it's not as good, which I would imagine so as powder is not as easy to contour, nor does it give a good cheekbone illusion effect. I hope that helps x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts